Accommodation & Site Requests
We make every effort to fulfil guest’s requests. However at times we are unable to fulfil those requests. It is very unfair of some guests to become aggressive towards our staff and cause a scene in our reception when we are not able to fulfil a request. At times a guest that is already staying with us may wish to extend their stay or maintenance may need to be carried out on accommodation or sites.
Minimum Booking Periods
Minimum booking periods apply in Mid, Spring/Autumn and Peak Seasons and the July School holidays. Weekends in accommodation in the value season are a minimum of 2 nights. Long weekends out of school holidays are a minimum of 3 nights. The March Long Weekend is a minimum of 7 nights.
Accommodation Security Bond
A credit card bond imprint or $100 cash bond is required on arrival. After departure your cash bond will be refunded by cheque in the next mail, or credit card details destroyed, subject to unit inspection.
Cots & Highchairs
Cots & Highchairs are available to accommodation guests only at no extra cost, please advise us at time of booking if you require them.
Seniors Card Holders
Enquire about our discounts on Weekly Bookings. Not applicable in school holidays. Not available with any other discount/special or on the Ensuite powered sites.
- Booking Alterations or Cancellations in Peak Season (Dec/Jan and Easter School Holidays) must be made more than 60 days prior to your arrival. If a booking alteration or cancellation is made within 60 days of your arrival the deposit is forfeited in full. No deposit refund.
- If a booking is cancelled within the last 14 days of an arrival you will be liable to pay the full booking tariff owing.
- Booking alterations or cancellations outside of Peak Periods must be made more than 28 days prior to your arrival.
- If a booking alteration or cancellation is made within 28 days of your arrival the deposit is forfeited in full.No deposit refund.
- A cancellation fee of $50 applies in every instance.
- Your booking is for a set time and, once confirmed, any change will result in liability for payment of the whole of the time booked unless you have cancelled in accordance with this policy.
- Please check your holiday dates carefully. Cancellations must be made in writing.
- We strongly advise travel insurance for all your holiday bookings to meet your personal requirements in respect to personal injury, illness, employment changes or weather conditions.
Website Cancellation Policy
- Full Payment is required on all online bookings.
- If more than 30 days notice is given for a reservation cancellation, guests will be refunded their payment less an $AUD50.00 cancellation fee for each reservation (multiple reservations attract a cancellation fee per accommodation/site reserved).
- If a reservation is cancelled or altered within 10-30 days of arrival, a refund of 50% of the payment will be refunded to the credit card provided at the time of booking.
- If less than 10 days notice is given for a cancellation or alteration, no refunds or credit will be given.
Peak Season Cancellations
- Booking Alterations or Cancellations in Peak Season must be made more than 60 days prior to your arrival.
- If less than 60 days notice is given for a cancellation or alteration, no refunds or credit will be given.
- Mandalay will not accept any bookings where all clients are under 18 years.
- Mandalay do not accept ‘Schoolies/Leavers’ bookings.
- We do not have the policies, procedures or resources to accommodate the unique needs of school leavers during the annual ‘Schoolies’ Period.
- In particular we do not have adequate resources to engage qualified security personnel to guarantee the safety, comfort and convenience of our families and guests during this period.
- For this reason we reserve the right to reject bookings from school and/or university leavers for the period 22nd October to 17th December.
- Mandalay advises if you still choose to book your accommodation with us and it turns out that you are school leavers, or you have school leavers in your party your booking will be cancelled and cancellation fees will be forfeited at the discretion of management.